Sunday, 26 July 2009

I'm glad that buying gouache wasn't a total waste of money, because it's qualities are useful for this uni project. Here is another cave painting, this time I started with a black wash as the background. Would probably be better had I mixed a black instead of using it straight from the tube, but still, I quite like it.

This guy inspired me to (amongst other ideas) actually use some of the hundreds of photos I've taken so far for this project in artwork. This first one wasn't that successful, but I used clay to build up texture on the rocks which I then painted over with acrylic. I like how what I've added leaves the boundary of the photo.

...this one is far more successful and my favourite of this post.

This mess was intended to be a textual experiment. I don't like it, but at least now I know that I can get rust to grow on black acrylic and show up. This is a cheap canvas, covered in clay, bin liners, acrylic, photographs, ink and rust. I think I'll be using bin liners again, which were also inspired by He uses photographs of raggy material a lot.

This last one is a photograph with soil, pva, clay and acrylic on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment